Senior Product Manager
Kevala is looking for a self-motivated Senior Product Manager with experience developing products and managing the product roadmap in a growth stage software start-up environment. The successful candidate will work directly with internal leadership, engineering, sales, and business development teams to ensure products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our clients.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for driving the development and expansion of Kevala’s integrated grid planning products, supporting utility and regulatory clients in implementation of our product features, and identifying product strategy in this growing market.
We are looking for a pragmatic and dedicated individual who will fit with our rebellious culture. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy- related data meaningful, transparent, and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply. This role is fully-remote with the option to work hybrid from our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
What you will be doing
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, pursuing strategy, and working closely with engineering, sales, and leadership to ensure product releases align with the strategic roadmap and customer satisfaction goals are met. This position reports to the VP of Product.
- Successfully define and execute on product strategy and goals in a measurable manner.
- Create buy-in for the product vision and long-term strategy for your product across its lifecycle, including MVP development, go-to-market strategy, pricing and positioning strategies, and new feature evaluation.
- Serve as an internal leader of your product(s) for all stakeholders.
- Run beta and pilot programs with clients to define and deliver early-stage products concurrent with the strategic roadmap.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Provide input on product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
What you need to succeed
The following skills are essential to your success as a Senior Product Manager at Kevala:
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in the SaaS industry with a focus on data
- Clear and effective communication skills, including articulating complex and technical concepts.
- Experience and sound judgment in challenging decision-making.
- Success in leading and influencing cross-functional teams to demonstrated success.
- Adept at interacting and working well with crucial stakeholders across the company
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools, and performing the role of Product
Owner in multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrable experience of data driven decision making based on KPIs and metrics.
- Subject matter expertise in utility planning and distributed energy resources, including technology,
regulation, and grid integration.
- An understanding of distribution utility business models and regulation.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of forecasting techniques to meet planning use
cases is a plus.
- A passion for addressing climate change through clean energy is essential. Prior experience in
clean tech or climate tech is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
What will make you stand out
- MBA or advanced degree in Power Systems.
- Prior experience in utility or energy-related industries.
The salary range for this role is $135,000 to $160,000.
This is a fully remote role which can be located anywhere within the United States. Please note, actual salaries may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, education, experience, and location.