Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Kevala is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our growing team. This individual will collaborate across the company to translate project requirements into a generalized, intuitive product for interfacing with all aspects of the electric grid: solar power, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, demand response, batteries, wholesale markets, and more. If you would enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making electric and environmental data meaningful, transparent, and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Diving into difficult problems facing the US electric grid, especially relating to real-time temporal and geospatial data visualization, and cybersecurity.
- Helping to scale and generalize our platform, moving beyond bespoke solutions to implementing efficient and delightful ways of making sense of energy data.
- Collaborating with other engineers on designing and implementing product features whilst providing constant feedback through pull requests.
- Expanding your areas of technical expertise as we experiment with new products.
What you need to succeed
- 8+ years of experience working or building with modern web application stacks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing and deploying Applications and APIs with an empathetic, user-first mindset.
- Versatility and enthusiasm for taking on novel problems and learning new technologies.
What will make you stand out
- Experience in the utility, clean energy, regulatory, or automotive industry.
- Familiarity with geospatial and temporal datasets or data types.
- Experience using cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
The salary range for this role is $150,000 to $185,000.
This is a fully remote role which can be located anywhere within the United States. Please note, actual salaries may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, education, experience, and location.